Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to Wiki Dragons.
The free encyclopedia that anyone can post and edit interesting topics.
Getting started with encyclopedia quotes
- I am not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like i did. -Yogi Berra
- I love photography. And i just eat it up. I feel like I'm an encyclopedia, you know, inside. - Annie Leibovitz
- The hardest thing was learning to write. I was 13, and the only writing I had done was for Social Studies.
- It consisted of copying passages right out of the encyclopedia. - Tracy Kidder
- The goal is to give people a free encyclopedia to every person in the world, in their own language.
- Not just in a 'free beer' kind of way, but also in the free speech kind of way. - Jimmy Wales
- Today, I give my daughter what i really did not have as a kid: all the silly, dumb, extravagant,
- frilly, nonfunctional toys I can force on her. She probably wants an encyclopedia. - Lenny Bruce
- A man is the whole encyclopedia of facts. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- When I hear other people's stories, I like to believe that they contribute to 'Encyclopedia of Human Experience.' The stories
- I hear help me expand my definition of what love is, what pain feels like, what sacrifice means, what laughter can do. - Sarah Kay
- I had a terrible vision: I saw an encyclopedia walk up to a polymath and open him up. - Karl Kraus
- There's a vast encyclopedia of fears and phobias, and pretty much any object, experience, situation you can think of,
- there is someone who has a phobia of it. - Scott Stossel
- When I was about thirteen, the library was going to get 'Calculus for the practical man.' By this time I knew,
- from reading the encyclopedia, that calculus was an important and interesting subject, and I ought to learn it. - Richard P. Feynman
- I'm a book guy first, and my education came from two encyclopedia. One was an encyclopedia of health, so I became morbidly obsessed with anatomy,
- and i thought i had trichinosis, an aneurism, jaundice! And then an encyclopedia of art. - Guillermo del Toro
- I had an encyclopedia with a list of flags in the back, so I would look at all these flags of China and Liberia and England and Denmark and whatever, :and I learned all the different flags, and I tired to imagine what it would be like to be voyaging on some of these ships. - George R. R. Martin
- What we need is an electronic encyclopedia of life, with one page for each species. On each page is given
- everything known about that species. - E. O. Wilson
- I sold a bunch of stuff. I sold Omaha Steaks, Vacation packages ... the worst, though, was Time Life Books, because no one wants Time Life Books.
- No one wants an 'Encyclopedia Britannica' showing up at their house. - Adam DeVine
- You have a diasporic black world, and the only wy to put it back together again is symbolic. It's like Humpty Dumpty. Whoever could edit the :'Encyclopedia Africana' would provide symbolic order to the fragments created over the past 500 years.
- That is a major contribution. - Henry Louis Gates
- Certitude belongs exclusively to those who only own one encyclopedia. - Robert Anton Wilson
- I'm reading today because of 'Encyclopedia Brown.' - Octavia Spencer
- Personally, I would sooner have written Alice in Wonderland than the whole Encyclopedia Britannica. - Stephen Leacock
- I just do not want to stop finding things interesting. I do not want to ever stop learning.
- I want to be a weird encyclopedia of bizarre knowledge. - Brie Larson
- My original concept was to proved a free encyclopedia for every single person in the world. - Jimmy Wales
- When I was 8 years old, I made my own encyclopedia of American Biography - Johnny Appleseed, Jim Bowie, Davy Crockett, Daniel Boone,
- Charles Lindbergh, my pantheon of favorite heroes. Then I would write my own things and sew them together and try to make my own book. - Douglas Brinkley
- To create and distribute a free encyclopedia of the highest possible quality to every single person
- on the planet in their own language - That's who I am. That's what I am doing. That's my life goal. - Jimmy Wales
- People take issue with individual aspects of Wikipedia all the time. But it's kind of hard to hate the general idea of a free encyclopedia.
- It's like hating kittens. - Jimmy Wales
- I love working with Scorsese. He's not only a brilliant director and is great working with actors, but he's also a walking human film encyclopedia.
- It's fun to talk about movies with him. - Steve Buscemi
- Me, I'm an encyclopedia. I'm not a very smart guy, but I'm an encyclopedia. You can ask me about anything you want.
- probably I have the book; probably I have a first edition. - Jose Andres
- What I really had was stories, the oral traditions of my parents. We moved so much that that was really our encyclopedia.
- A dream world told to me from my parents in the living room. - Juan Felipe Herrera
- When my generation grew up, our only sources of knowledge were books, teachers, parents and friends.
- The encyclopedia was an item of luxury. We faced big limits in what we could learn, where we could be and who we could reach. - Vivek Wadhwa
- I just signed to do my next book with Ecco Press, a new primer or encyclopedia. This will be my take on what
- classic Italian Cooking is. - Mario Batali
- As for Aamir Khan, he keeps raising the standard with every film. For an artist like me or a newcomer like me,
- we can only look up to that and dream, 'When will that be us someday?' There's so much to learn from him.
- He is the encyclopedia of acting. - Tiger Shroff
- In maybe 1963, we had 'Collier's Encyclopedia,' and they sent us their yearly LP. I heard the Beatles talking on there.
- That was the first time I tired altering my voice, doing a liverpudlian accent. - Dana Carvey
- You look into an encyclopedia and ask what fighter can do any type of martial art at a high-caliber level,
- my picture will show up. - Demetrious Johnson
Powered by Michael Boulos